Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC

Reference: VVA0301

Tax included

Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Doc - Classic Line

Denomination: Montepulciano d'Abruzzo DOC

Grapes: Montepulciano d’Abruzzo 100%

Area: municipalities of Spoltore, San Valentino and Scafa

Altitude: 150-400 meters above sea level

Exposure: South / South-West

Soil: Clayey of medium texture

Training system: Abruzzo pergola

Harvest: From mid-September

Vinification: Fermentation and maceration for about 10 days in steel vats.

Aging: For about 18 months 80% of the wine in steel and the remaining 20% in 25 hl oak barrels. and partly in second passage barriques. More bottlings are made starting 15 months after the harvest.

Pairings: Typical Abruzzo cold cuts, garlic and oil pasta, porchetta, arrosticini, grilled chicken and fish broth.


Data sheet

Montepulciano d'Abruzzo
Alcohol content
Production Area
Pescara Hills
Stainless Steel Tanks and Oak Barrels
Harvest Year

Specific References


16 other products in the same category: